VCDR COVID WORKSHOP and VT Family Network TOWN HALL
VCDR and Members have sponsored two “Workshops” this session to address both the needs and response to the COVID Pandemic as it concerns persons with disabilities, and the return to school and remote learning. Here are links to both of those events.
VCDR Board of Governors Program “Disabilities and COVID” Friday July 17 – 1:00 to 3:00 PM
VCDR Members, Families, and Advocates meet for an informative discussion of how the COVID crisis has affected people with disabilities, and the response from the State, Community Partners and others. Learn about advocacy efforts and programs that have been developed to help people access important supplies and make connections with others.
WATCH HERE: https://youtu.be/wfAXjaSfNjo
- Deborah Lisi-Baker, VCDR Survey Results,
- Commissioner Monica Hutt, VT Dept. of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living, Disability Rights Vermont Executive Director, Ed Paquin
- Vermont Family Network Executive Director, Pam McCarthy
- Vermont Inclusion Center, Julie Tamler
- Vermont Affordable Housing Coalition, Erhard Mahnke
- Vermont Care Partners, Julie Tessler
- VCDR Coordinator, Karen Lafayette
Vermont Family Network and Vermont Coalition for Disability Rights Town Hall: Back to School for K-12 Students in VT with Disabilities/Special Health Needs Friday, September 18th
As the new school year begins, families of children with disabilities or special health needs are making hard choices about what works best for their family. There is so much information which changes constantly that it can be hard to keep up with it all. In this Town Hall, we’ll answer some of the most common questions that families are asking.
Vermont Family Network:
- Karen Price, Co-Director Family Support-EducationEducation (Vermont Agency of Education)
- Dr. Jacqueline Kelleher, State Director for Special Education;
- Tracy Harris, Coordinator for Behavioral Supports;
- Katy Langevin, Coordinator of Instructional Strategies;
- Ernie Wheeler, Education Consultant, Ed SurrogateHealth
- Monica Ogelby, Children with Special Health Needs Director, Maternal and Child Health Division, Vermont Department of Health
- Dr. Jill Rinehart, Pediatrician and Director of the Pediatric Residency Program at UVMMCDisability Law
- Rachel Seelig, Staff Attorney, Disability Law Project, Vermont Legal Aid